Grab a cuppa and have a gander through Amanda Sawyer's 20 questions, full of insight into the busy life of our Bristol Community Manager!
1. How would you describe what you do for a living to family and friends?
I promote the benefits of Karshare to both our car owners and renters and educate them about the car sharing experience. Having my own Nissan Juke available to rent on Karshare has given me hands-on experience, understanding of the day-to-day workings as well as additional income from a car I rarely use!
2. What’s one professional skill you’re currently working on?
I'm working on my tech knowledge! We're a tech startup so it's important to support my Karshare community by becoming an expert in the field.
3. What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
Palm Beach or Santa Barbara.
4. How do you prefer to start your day?
Well...I have lost 5 pounds since working at Karshare! I am back on my NutriBullet every morning. Every cloud!
5. How do you prefer to end your day?
A clean and well dressed bed.
6. What was your first job?
At 12 years old on the markets! Started at 6am every day. I saved all my earnings to learn to drive and buy a car.
7. What’s your go-to productivity trick?
I don't have one – I just use my brain!
8. What are your pet peeves?
My patience... I have none! That and bad manners. It doesn't cost anything to be kind.
9. What’s the coolest or most interesting thing you’re working on right now?
Growing wider awareness of Karshare across Bristol and beyond.
10. If you could snap your fingers and become an expert in something, what would it be?
I would be a barrister.
11. If you had to listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Bitter Sweet Symphony by The Verve!
12. What’s your most used emoji?
Nice and simple – thumbs up! 👍
13. If you could only have three apps on your smartphone, which would you pick?
Karshare, WhatsApp and Sorrento Pizza.
14. Who are you supporting in the Euro 2020?
Football isn't really my thing but I got given France in the Karshare sweepstake, and since we all challenged ourselves to find a drink from our respective countries, I've been able to indulge in some nice champagne... not too shabby!
15. What trend do you hope makes a comeback?
Would I actually use a hair crimper again...? Yeah!
16. What’s been the most challenging part of your role at Karshare?
When starting a new role, you need to find your feet, get a feel for it and gain experience. It's definitely been a steep learning curve!
17. What’s your favourite famous or inspirational quote?
"She believed she could, so she did."
18. What’s your best memory of working at Karshare?
My best memory so far was collecting 5 car keys in 2 days and being able to help all those car owners share their vehicles with their wider community.
19. What’s something that you’re really good at?
Roast dinners. My gravy is off the scale!
20. Who do you admire and why?
It has to be our Queen. She is a formidable example of commitment and values. Im not a royalist, but she's been through it all and I admire her for that.