Karshare is the UK’s first car sharing platform aimed solely at serving communities within their neighbourhoods. Using smart technology and a contactless process, we connect renters with car owners, giving those with cars the opportunity to earn extra income while providing quick and easy car rental to those who need it.
Having just closed our pre-series A funding round, Karshare is now in a fast growth phase with plans to launch in six more UK cities in the next 12 months. The London Community Manager will play a key role in driving our regional expansion in the capital and beyond.
Through car sharing, we are creating a more sustainable, shared future, where having a car can be seen as a choice, not a necessity. Join us!
- Have a genuine enthusiasm for what we’re doing and a desire to grow the Karshare community.
- Generate interest amongst your own London network and drive demand amongst car owners, car renters and local businesses.
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, as well as potential and existing partners.
- Explore fresh ways to get in front of potential customers, unlocking new target markets.
- Educate local communities - individuals as well as organisational stakeholders - about car sharing and the environmental benefits.
- Collaborate with Operations colleagues during the customer onboarding process, pitching in where needed.
- Evangelise owners and renters around car sharing and build a community of advocates.
- Develop and implement a regional growth strategy for London.
- Be the face of Karshare at local networking events and press opportunities.
- Support Karshare’s social media activities by gathering local photo and video content.
- A self starter: resilient with a positive outlook. Comfortable setting a plan and executing, with the support of the wider Karshare marketing team.
- Goal driven: you have a desire to grow and excel in your role, and your career.
- A people person: friendly and an excellent communicator, able to inspire others into action.
- Purpose driven: you want Karshare to succeed because you understand how car sharing can help create a more sustainable future.
- Dedicated to creating delightful customer experience: you radiate this in your interactions with potential customers.
- Comfortable presenting to groups of people - be it a small customer event or to a partnership organisation.
- In-person sales or marketing experience.
- A car owner or driver yourself, you get what car sharing is about and plan to car share yourself, either as an owner or renter.
- Prior experience of transport / mobility / sustainability with existing network / sector knowledge to enable you to hit the ground running.
- Copywriting skills to support the development of the Karshare blog
- Resident of South London in order to support with our initial launch areas (Lambeth, Wandsworth, Southwark etc).
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business or a related field would be advantageous but not essential.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org