Head of Operations and Service
London | Remote
Karshare is the UK’s first car sharing platform aimed solely at serving communities within their neighbourhoods. Using smart technology and a contactless process, we connect renters with car owners, giving those with cars the opportunity to earn extra income while providing quick and easy car rental to those who need it.
Having just closed our pre-series A funding round, Karshare is now in a fast growth phase with plans to launch in six more UK cities in the next 12 months. The Head of Operations and Service will play a key role in developing our leading car sharing on service, creating advocates which will grow our business and propel us to our Series A round.
Through car sharing, we are creating a more sustainable, shared future, where having a car can be seen as a choice, not a necessity. Join us!
To develop and support our operational service teams (at airports and city/rural communities), enabling them to deliver outstanding service to our growing Karshare community. To develop a capability where owners and renters build trust quickly with the team and the Karshare platform
To nurture and protect our existing Karshare community through pre-emptive, proactive and reactive customer service that strives to exceed all expectations. To deliver the highest customer retention level possible, where we never lose a customer through poor service or lack of support.
To identify ways, through systems, automation and smart resourcing, that support rapid scaling of our service capability and manage and mitigate operational risks.
- To drive best-in-class service culture that wants to exceed all customer expectations, owning problems that occur, and acting swiftly and resourcefully to find solutions.
- To manage, motivate and support our growing operational teams. To ensure they feel valued and that their many successes are celebrated regularly and are visible throughout Karshare.
- To build a pre-emptive, pro-active risk management capability to ensure our community of owners and renters is supported with the utmost integrity and our obligations to our partners (insurance and other assurance providers) are upheld.
- To continually evolve ways to gather user experience insights and share findings with the relevant teams at Karshare – we want to ensure Karshare remains the leading car sharing brand and experience.
- To own and evolve our operating playbook (eg: how to manage successful launches in new locations) and ensure at all times that the terms and conditions align.
- To drive scale in our service capability. Identify the priority tasks that we need to systemise and automate so that our back office application (LOOM) can better service the business and customers. Core focus to reduce administration enabling maximum engagement time with our customers.
- To drive scale in our operational delivery, innovating ways to deliver and differentiate our capability. These will include enabling highly efficient keyless installations, leveraging driver behaviour insights and determining how we can use our core operational data to support our community.
- To work with the Head of Community Development to enable operational teams to support our community growth requirements.
- A leader, who understands how to inspire and motivate remote service teams.
- A people person: friendly and an excellent communicator, able to inspire others into action.
- Purpose driven: you want Karshare to succeed because you understand how car sharing can help create a more sustainable future.
- Dedicated to creating delightful customer experience: you radiate this in your interactions with the team and with potential customers.
- You understand the importance of detail. You are diligent and understand that delight is in the detail. You inspire the team to sweat the small stuff so the customers do not have to.
- You strive to deliver a service that exceeds your community’s expectations and build a team that is prepared to go above and beyond to find ways to do this.
- A proven track record of delivering a scalable and bespoke service capability through identifying how systems can reduce administration and support valuable service capabilities.
- Strong experience in working with third parties to support service delivery island knowing when to in-source and out-source these capabilities.
To apply, please send a covering letter and your CV to Andy at firstname.lastname@example.org