Fleet Support Team Leader
Karshare is the UK’s first car sharing platform aimed solely at serving communities within their neighbourhoods. Using smart technology and a contactless process, we connect renters with car owners, giving those with cars the opportunity to earn extra income while providing quick and easy car rental to those who need it.
Having just closed our pre-series A funding round, Karshare is now in a fast growth phase with plans to launch in six more UK cities in the next 12 months. The Fleet Support Team Leader will play a key role in developing our leading car sharing service in London, creating advocates which will grow our business and propel us to our Series A round.
Through car sharing, we are creating a more sustainable, shared future, where having a car can be seen as a choice, not a necessity. Join us!
To ensure Karshare offers the very best experience to its car sharing community in the London area and support our city Fleet Support Executives to deliver an outstanding customer experience in other cities and in London.
- Have a genuine enthusiasm for what we’re doing and a desire to grow the Karshare community in London and other cities.
- Ensure excellent relationships are maintained with the partners Karshare works with to deliver community car sharing in London.
- Motivate and guide our Fleet Support Executives (based in Bristol, Birmingham and Manchester with more cities coming soon).
- In conjunction with the Head of Operations and Service continually improve and evolve our on the road processes to provide an exceptional experience, whilst mitigating Karshare risks.
- Through your actions create an environment whereby customers are proud to be part of the Karshare community.
- Support customer car owners through the eligibility and onboarding process to get their cars signed up and ready on the platform.
- Work closely with the Community Manager in London to ensure there is an optimal customer experience from sign-up agreement to installation.
- Undertake testing of new owner installations to optimal set up for go-live.
- Support and monitor the Fleet Support Executives with any queries ensuring Best Practice is embedded in the team.
- Regularly conduct one to ones and team meetings ensuring the team are motivated and their successes are celebrated both on a one-to-one basis and with the wider company.
- Train new executives, and current fleet staff with new processes.
- Undertake testing in support of the deployment of new app features / benefits.
- Develop strong relationships to enable regular contact with our owner community to ensure Karshare continues to support them achieving their rental objectives.
- Listen at all times to what customers are saying and feedback to the business so that the Karshare service can be continually improved.
- Liaise with our Tech and Product teams to flag issues which need fixing, as well as making suggestions to improve the customer experience.
- Help identify ways to speed up our installation process for owners.
- To have a pre-emptive view of the operational landscape to help mitigate any potential challenges that may arise.
- Quickly respond and react to support customers by solving any problems which may arise.
- Inspire customers to be part of a community offering the very best sharing experience.
- A self-starter: resilient with a positive outlook. Comfortable setting a plan and executing, with the support of the wider Karshare operations team.
- A people person: friendly and an excellent communicator both in person and on the phone, able to inspire others into action.
- Goal-driven: you have a desire to grow and excel in your role, and your career.
- Purpose-driven: you want Karshare to succeed because you understand how car sharing can help create a more sustainable future.
- Experience guiding and motivating remote staff.
- Love to meet and engage new people building strong relationships.
- Have a pre-emptive mindset and capability to spot operational challenges and act before they become problems.
- Based in South London.
- A confident driver with a good general knowledge and understanding of cars.
- Flexible approach as the role will be out on the road driving to meet customers and home based.
- PC literate (Microsoft Office and/or G-Suite) with the ability to use both desk and mobile technology to complete tasks.
- Resilient, passionate about solving problems and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- An understanding of vehicle roadworthiness, vehicle maintenance and upkeep.
- Highly organised, diligent and with attention to detail.
- Comfortable working with technology / digital tools.
- A car owner - you get what car sharing is about and plan to car share yourself, either as an owner or renter.
- Bachelors degree in Business, or a related field, would be advantageous but not essential.
- Full clean driving licence.