Fleet Support Executive
Birmingham / Coventry
Karshare is the UK’s first car sharing platform aimed solely at serving communities within their neighbourhoods. Using smart technology and a contactless process, we connect renters with car owners, giving those with cars the opportunity to earn extra income while providing quick and easy car rental to those who need it.
Having just closed our pre-series A funding round, Karshare is now in a fast growth phase with plans to launch in six more UK cities in the next 12 months. The Fleet Support Executive will play a key role in developing our leading car sharing service in Birmingham/Coventry, creating advocates which will grow our business and propel us to our Series A round.
Through car sharing, we are creating a more sustainable, shared future, where having a car can be seen as a choice, not a necessity. Join us!
To ensure Karshare offers the very best experience to its car sharing community in the Birmingham/Coventry area.
- Have a genuine enthusiasm for what we’re doing and a desire to grow the Karshare community in Birmingham / Coventry.
- Ensure excellent relationships are maintained with the partners Karshare works with to deliver community car sharing in Birmingham / Coventry.
- Be the face of Karshare customer operations in Birmingham / Coventry.
- Through your actions create an environment whereby customers are proud to be part of the Karshare community.
- Support customers through the eligibility and onboarding process to get their cars signed up and ready on the Karshare platform.
- Work closely with the Community Manager in Birmingham / Coventry to ensure there is an optimal customer experience from sign-up agreement to installation.
- Undertake testing of new owner installations to optimal set up for go-live.
- Undertake testing in support of the deployment of new app features / benefits.
- Develop strong relationships to enable regular contact with our owner community to ensure Karshare continues to support them achieving their rental objectives.
- Listen at all times to what customers are saying and feedback to the business so that the Karshare service can be continually improved.
- Liaise with our Tech and Product teams to flag issues which need fixing, as well as making suggestions to improve the customer experience.
- Help identify ways to speed up our installation process for owners.
- To have a pre-emptive view of the operational landscape to help mitigate any potential challenges that may arise.
- Inspire customers to be part of a community offering the very best sharing experience.
- Quickly respond and react to support customers by solving any problems which may arise.
- Assist the Customer Success team when required with calls, chat, emails and service tasks.
- A self-starter: resilient with a positive outlook. Comfortable setting a plan and executing, with the support of the wider Karshare operations team.
- A people person: friendly and an excellent communicator, able to inspire others into action.
- Goal-driven: you have a desire to grow and excel in your role, and your career.
- Purpose-driven: you want Karshare to succeed because you understand how car sharing can help create a more sustainable future.
- Love to meet and engage new people building strong relationships.
- Have a pre-emptive mindset and capability to spot operational challenges and act before they become problems.
- Based in Birmingham / Coventry.
- A confident driver with a good general knowledge and understanding of cars.
- Flexible approach as the role will be out on the road driving to meet customers and home based.
- PC literate (Microsoft Office and/or G-Suite) with the ability to use both desk and mobile technology to complete tasks.
- Resilient, passionate about solving problems and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable working with technology / digital tools.
- An understanding of vehicle roadworthiness, vehicle maintenance and upkeep.
- A car owner - you get what car sharing is about and plan to car share yourself, either as an owner or renter.
- Bachelors degree in Business or a related field would be advantageous but not essential.
- Full clean driving licence.
The role is based on a 40-hour week Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm. However, flexibility is required to manage meeting customers at their preferred times – Karshare has a flexible approach to how you manage your time, and we need you to be flexible too.
25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays. In addition an increase of 1 day every year after 2 years of service up to a maximum of 28 days.
Take your birthday off as an extra day’s holiday.
Standard contributory pension scheme.
A minimum of £250 for every employee to use towards their professional development.
5 free rental days a year using a car from our platform.
£100 for any new Owners you get signed up in new city launches.
Up to 2 employee social responsibility days to use for a cause or charity of your choice.
We love recommendations - we will pay £750 if you successfully recommend a permanent employee.
Regular team building fun events and organised nights to the pub.