Meet Zoheil Khaleqi, Karshare's Quality Assurance & Release Manager. He's taken the time to answer 20 quick-fire questions, so you can learn more about Team Karshare and what makes us tick.
1. How would you describe what you do for a living to family and friends?
I work in a startup that enables communities to share their cars with each other. On a day to day basis, I navigate our new releases through storms of deadlines and change requests, defend them from bugs and errors, and finally deliver them beautifully wrapped up to our wonderful users.
2. What’s one professional skill you’re currently working on?
Upskilling my knowledge of automation – especially for use in quality assurance and testing.
3. What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
That would have to be Mexico... what an epic road trip that was!
4. How do you prefer to start your day?
Tea – I struggle to function without tea.
5. How do you prefer to end your day?
With family – the saying goes "Born Alone, Die Alone" but the in-between should be spent with people you love and care about.
6. What was your first job?
Aside from helping out friends and family, my first official job was as a Telesales Agent for BT. There's nothing like the brutal business of cold-calling to kickstart your career.
7. What’s your go-to productivity trick?
Leave it 'til the last minute – no better trick to raise productivity than pressure standing tall above your shoulders.
8. What are your pet peeves?
Talking without knowledge – educate yourself first please, then start making statements.
9. What’s the coolest or most interesting thing you’re working on right now?
Finding smarter and better ways to collaborate remotely – there are so many ways we hadn't thought about before the pandemic.
10. If you could snap your fingers and become an expert in something, what would it be?
11. If you had to listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
No song calms me down like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfB6C8a8ttg
12. What’s your most used emoji?
Thumbs up! 👍 Everybody loves this old school token of appreciation.
13. If you could only have three apps on your smartphone, which would you pick?
Twitter – to hear about things
Youtube – to learn about them
WhatsApp – to share them with others
14. Where are you in birth order and do you think it affects your personality?
I am the oldest and have one younger brother. I am sure it does affect your personality, but so do so many other things in life that it's hard to pinpoint how much and what exactly.
15. What trend do you hope makes a comeback?
Extremely baggy clothing. #90skid
16. What’s been the most challenging part of your role at Karshare?
Finding a balance between taking on more and learning about other areas of the business and focusing on my actual role.
17. What’s your favourite famous or inspirational quote?
"A vessel can only pour what it contains" – Arab proverb
18. What’s your best memory of working at Karshare?
I joined Karshare during the very start of the pandemic – all virtually. Looking back and seeing how smooth our teamwork has been since the very beginning really makes me appreciate the awesome team I get to work with.
19. What’s something that you’re really good at?
Planning and executing road trips to perfection.
20. Who do you admire and why?
I admire all those across the globe who are in terrible situations but continue on their journey in life each day.