Get to know Team Karshare in intimate detail, find out their hopes and dreams and learn more about what makes this company so special.
Today we sat down with Vesela Dragusheva, our Senior Product Manager, to find out more about what makes her tick.
1. How would you describe what you do for a living to family and friends?
The short answer: making the world a better place! 🌎❤️
The long answer: I am helping to build the best car sharing platform by overseeing the digital product.
2. What’s one professional skill you’re currently working on?
Better time management – this one is always work in progress for me! 😄
3. What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
For me home is where the heart is, so in that sense I’ve never been really far away from home. I remember a moment on Coronado island in San Diego, though, standing on the beach and staring at the Pacific – that felt really far away from home.
4. How do you prefer to start your day?
Doing a 10-minute yoga flow – I love the energy it gives me in the morning.
5. How do you prefer to end your day?
With a book. Currently reading and enjoying Shoe Dog by Phil Knight.
6. What was your first job?
Working at a local newspaper when I was 17: a manual job putting the pages together, but it was worth it as I earned enough money for trips to the beach with friends – good times!
7. What’s your go-to productivity trick?
Putting my headphones on and removing all the background distractions with some focus music.
8. What are your pet peeves?
People that walk slowly, sorry mom!
9. What’s the coolest or most interesting thing you’re working on right now?
Preparing the Karshare public roadmap. Stay tuned for some interesting new features..!
10. If you could snap your fingers and become an expert in something, what would it be?
Time-travelling. I’ve always wanted to know more about the future (and the past!). If you see the DeLorean on our platform, let me know!
11. If you had to listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Heroes by Bowie. I just love him!
12. What’s your most used emoji?
Currently it appears to be: 🎉 Yay!
13. If you could only have three apps on your smartphone, which would you pick?
Headspace, Monzo and Karshare. Open the mind, sort the money, enjoy the journey!
14. Where are you in birth order and do you think it affects your personality?
I have one younger brother, so I got all the attention for a while, before he came and stole it. Jokes aside, we are very close and we’ve always been a team, so I learned the value of sharing early on.
15. What trend do you hope makes a comeback?
Big wild curly hair, if it was ever in fashion?! 🤔
16. What’s been the most challenging part of your role at Karshare?
Balancing challenges. Each day brings completely different ones, but that’s part of the appeal.
17. What’s your favourite famous or inspirational quote?
"The limits of the possible can only be defined by going beyond them into the impossible." – Arthur C Clarke
18. What’s your best memory of working at Karshare?
It’s always great when we get the team together for creative workshops, but I recently spoke to a customer who absolutely loved our product and I think I will forever remember that conversation.
19. What’s something that you’re really good at?
Daydreaming about the next travel destination ✈️
20. Who do you admire and why?
People who never stop being curious – that’s the way forward, right?