The mission to create a world where we never have more cars than we need isn't possible without the work of the Karshare team. That's why we're kicking off our '20 questions' series again, so you can get to know the people who are responsible for keeping the Karshare platform running and evolving. Today we're getting to know Mohsan, Karshare's Performance Marketing Manager who could tell you a thing or two about philosophy!
1. How would you describe what you do for a living to family and friends?
You know all the ads you see on Google, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube etc.? That’s me! Okay, not all those ads are me but if you come across ads on renting cars with Karshare or earning money whilst saving the planet by sharing your car on the Karshare platform, then that’s definitely me!
2. What’s one professional skill you’re currently working on?
I always try to improve my spreadsheet skills whenever I get the chance. It makes my life so much easier!
3. What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
South Africa - specifically, the Cape of Good Hope.
4. How do you prefer to start your day?
A long walk in the park just after dawn. Preferably when it’s cold with a hot coffee.
5. How do you prefer to end your day?
Reading a history book; especially about the medieval period.
6. What was your first job?
Selling advertising opportunities to marketers. Ironically, I’ve joined the other side now!
7. What’s your go-to productivity trick?
Blocking time slots where I can completely zone in on specific tasks (no meeting, no emails, no chats, no phone). And there’s no better way to do this than start work really early in the morning!
8. What are your pet peeves?
9. What’s the coolest or most interesting thing you’re working on right now?
I have a lot of autonomy and freedom at Karshare and my remit is pretty wide, so to develop marketing strategies and execute them in order to increase renters as well as owners is really cool!
10. If you could snap your fingers and become an expert in something, what would it be?
Coding. I know how powerful it can be but I don’t have the will to learn so I would love to be an expert without any effort.
11. If you had to listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Natural sounds rather than music. Sometimes I put sounds of a forest with birds singing or crashing waves when I need to put my headphones on and zone out.
12. What’s your most used emoji?
🤣 - there’s a lot of funny stuff online isn’t there?****
13. If you could only have three apps on your smartphone, which would you pick?
An internet browser, a calling/messaging app and a payment app. I think I could get by with those alone🤔.
14. Where are you in birth order (Oldest? Middle? Youngest? Only child?) and do you think it affects your personality?
My twin and I were born last. I think we were initially more spoiled and given more attention than our older siblings but all-in-all I don’t think it affected our personality much.
15. What trend do you hope makes a comeback?
16. What’s been the most challenging part of your role at Karshare?
There’s a lot of data and moving parts to consider so trying to test a hypothesis can sometimes be elusive but it’s also very satisfying when I find something that helps our growth!
17. What’s your favourite famous or inspirational quote?
Cogito, ergo sum (I think, therefore I am).....yep, I love philosophy.
18. What’s your best memory of working at Karshare?
Not long after I joined, there was a team event at The Great Barn in Oxford where I got to meet the team, hear very interesting, inspirational and funny speeches and take part in really fun team building activities and games.
19. What’s something that you’re really good at?
Doing really long fasts: 24 is easy, 48 hours is okay, 72 hours is challenging but doable.
20. Who do you admire and why?
Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz.
Why? I think I’ll leave you with this quote: When one compares the talents one has with those of a Leibniz, one is tempted to throw away one's books and go die quietly in the dark of some forgotten corner