With the Karshare constantly growing, it's time to get to know more of the team through our '20 Questions with' blog series. If you're based in London and have recently put your vehicle on the Karshare platform, then you should know who we're about to introduce..It's Michal! Our Community Manager for London. Read on to get to know Michal even more.
1. How would you describe what you do for a living to family and friends?
I reclaim our streets one car at a time. The more cars we share with the community, the more streetscape we all gain. My job is to engage the public and change our behaviour when it comes to mobility.
2. What’s one professional skill you’re currently working on?
I am seriously thinking of starting Climate for Action course with Terra.do
3. What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
Australia was the furthest away from home however it felt oddly familiar. Japan, although not as far, always makes me feel like I am somewhere in a galaxy far far away.
4. How do you prefer to start your day?
A cup of good tea before sunrise, bike ride in the dark, yoga practice at my favourite shala and time and weather permitting a dip in the Hampstead ponds.
5. How do you prefer to end your day?
I don’t need much. I like to listen to my body clock and not fight it. Peace and quiet is all I need and I am gone in 30 seconds.
6. What was your first job?
At uni, I actually worked part time for a famous car rental company. No names.
7. What’s your go-to productivity trick?
Switch off all distractions and just focus on the task at hand.
8. What are your pet peeves?
Overcomplicating things. Keep it simple.
9. What’s the coolest or most interesting thing you’re working on right now?
I am finishing my yoga teacher training and discovering that I know less than I thought I did.
10. If you could snap your fingers and become an expert in something, what would it be?
I wish I knew how to surf. I have tried so many times….
11. If you had to listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Grace by Jeff Buckley
12. What’s your most used emoji?
The pray emoji 🙏
13. If you could only have three apps on your smartphone, which would you pick?
Apart from Karshare, I would go with Radio Garden, Audible and Duolingo.
14. Where are you in birth order and do you think it affects your personality?
I only have one younger brother and he is the more grown up of the two of us.
15. What trend do you hope makes a comeback?
Men’s clothing can be so drab. Give me a splash of colour! Was that ever a trend though?
16. What’s been the most challenging part of your role at Karshare?
Remembering everyone’s names. I am so bad at it.
17. What’s your favourite famous or inspirational quote?
“There are only two races. The race of the decent man and the race of the indecent man, and they are found everywhere.” Viktor E. Frankl
18. What’s your best memory of working at Karshare?
Magic happens every time the team works together to achieve small feats that take us closer to transforming the way we travel.
19. What’s something that you’re really good at?
I think I am good at listening and diffusing conflict.
20. Who do you admire and why?
People who know how to walk through life with a smile on their face.