Another week, another 20 Questions. Our Bristol Community Support Executive Adam Chapman joined the Karshare family not too long ago and has already helped countless new car owners and renters make the most of the Karshare platform. Today you get to go behind the scenes and meet him.
1. How would you describe what you do for a living to family and friends?
I am the man on the ground in Bristol for Karshare. I work with owners and renters on a day to day basis ensuring that everyone has an enjoyable experience with the company. I am the face of the Bristol Operations team, so if you ever have any problems (no matter how big or small), then I'm your man.
2. What’s one professional skill you’re currently working on?
One skill I have always wanted to develop is my digital marketing abilities. With the age of technology developing at high speeds, I want to be able to stay up to date with all things business and marketing.
3. What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
Literally speaking it would be America. Although the place where I felt furthest away from home and reality was when I was standing at the bottom of the Eyjafjallajökull volcano in Iceland!
4. How do you prefer to start your day?
With about 18 cups of coffee and an antihistamine!
5. How do you prefer to end your day?
Whip up a nice big meal for myself and my housemates and sit back and watch some rubbish telly!
6. What was your first job?
I was a ride attendant at my local theme park, every Saturday, for about £3 an hour! The Pirate Ship and the Waltzers were where all of the excitement happened.
7. What’s your go-to productivity trick?
I’ve always been a firm believer that if you have a tidy work space, then everything else will fall into place. It’s way too easy for me to get distracted by a little bit of mess!
8. What are your pet peeves?
It has to be when people don’t walk with a purpose, I can’t be doing with people that saunter about everywhere, get a move on!
9. What’s the coolest or most interesting thing you’re working on right now?
I am an electronic music producer on the side and I am currently working on a 3 track EP that should be released ready for the summer!
10. If you could snap your fingers and become an expert in something, what would it be?
Art! I don’t think I have ever met anyone who is more useless at drawing than me. If I could have one skill, I would love to be able to be good at painting. I am a very creative person anyway, so would love to be able to add that to my repertoire!
11. If you had to listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
For an avid musician, this is one of the hardest questions I've ever had to answer. It’s a close one but i’d have to go for This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody) by Talking Heads. You don’t get much more feel good than that!
12. What’s your most used emoji?
–Always laughing and joking with my mates
13. If you could only have three apps on your smartphone, which would you pick?
Spotify for definite! I don’t know where I'd be without listening to music every hour of every day! Google Maps and Karshare too (obviously!).
14. Where are you in birth order (Oldest? Middle? Youngest? Only child?) and do you think it affects your personality?
I’m the oldest of two boys, I think this reflects in my personality as I have always had to be the responsible one! (Most of the time anyway)
15. What trend do you hope makes a comeback?
Since records and vinyl have been making a resurgence, I would love to see everything go full circle and have people start walking around with a boombox or walkman!
16. What’s been the most challenging part of your role at Karshare?
The most challenging part of my role has been learning various different pieces of technology and software, it all adds up!
17. What’s your favourite famous or inspirational quote?
I think it was Nelson Mandela that said “It always seems impossible until it is done”. I think this is something that everyone should live by, never give up on anything as everything is possible.
18. What’s your best memory of working at Karshare?
The first time I properly met the whole team, instead of just talking to everyone through my laptop cooped up in my bedroom. We had some great laughs and shared a lot of stories and it was amazing to get together with the Karshare family.
19. What’s something that you’re really good at?
Without sounding too modest, I'd have to say playing drums. I have been playing since the age of 8 and have been in multiple bands over the years! This is something that I will always have a passion for.
20. Who do you admire and why?
There are a lot of people that I admire in this world, but at this very point in time, given the recent circumstances, I have to say Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho and Bukayo Saka. They had the nerve to step up for their country to take a penalty in the first cup final that England has been in in over 50 years. The pressure and the weight on their shoulders was immense, and although it wasn’t meant to be, they made this country proud. The abuse that they have received is unacceptable.