After our recent launch in Birmingham, we feel it's time to ask the 20 questions to our Community Manager Adam this week. From his love for the Gmail App, to his first job at Villa Park, let's get to know Adam!
1. How would you describe what you do for a living to family and friends?
We allow people the ability to rent out and share their vehicles (and the overused line of AirBnB for your car!)
2. What’s one professional skill you’re currently working on?
Time management and planning.
3. What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
4. How do you prefer to start your day?
Sunshine and exercise would be the ideal start. I have neglected physical activity for far too long and I will be getting back to the gym very soon.
5. How do you prefer to end your day?
On a summer's day, a nice cold beer would be the preference and a warm cup of tea on a winter’s day, chewing the fat and putting the world to rights with my better half.
6. What was your first job?
At Villa Park, flipping burgers on matchdays. Great job, got to see the game once halftime was done and for the 4 months I worked there we were unbeaten!
7. What’s your go-to productivity trick?
Starting work early in the morn.
8. What are your pet peeves?
People who squeeze the middle of toothpaste tubes and do not use their indicators when driving!
9. What’s the coolest or most interesting thing you’re working on right now?
Well considering I have just started I would say helping people to share vehicles, make money and help the environment using a cool piece of technology!
10. If you could snap your fingers and become an expert in something, what would it be?
Difficult one, so many things come to mind; a Mariner, an astrophysicist, quantum mechanics but I think I would love to have the expert knowledge of a survivalist to know I could thrive in any given situation or place.
11. If you had to listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Another tough one but maybe Redemption Song - Bob Marley and the Wailers
12. What’s your most used emoji?
Crying laughing! 😂
13. If you could only have three apps on your smartphone, which would you pick?
WhatsApp, Google Maps, Google Mail (boring I know!)
14. Where are you in birth order and do you think it affects your personality?
2nd Youngest of 6 (apparently ‘The Golden Child’ according to my siblings) and I grew up surrounded by very different personalities. I think it gave me a more rounded and accepting nature.
15. What trend do you hope makes a comeback?
The most ancient of trends!! To live in harmony with our environment and others.
16. What’s been the most challenging part of your role at Karshare?
I moved from the public sector and the tempo of everything is that much quicker at Karshare so getting used to that has been the most difficult thing to get to grips with.
17. What’s your favourite famous or inspirational quote?
If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it—then I can achieve it - Jesse Jackson
18. What’s your best memory of working at Karshare?
Meeting the rest of the Marketing Team for the first time, sharing ideas visiting the office and going for curry and a few beers!
19. What’s something that you’re really good at?
I am quite good at board games, especially general knowledge based ones. Can put my hand to most sports as well bit of a jack of all trades and master of none lol.
20. Who do you admire and why?
Muhammed Ali, great sportsman and person who had utter conviction in doing what he felt to be right no matter how difficult it may have been. He was very funny too!